Friday, February 2, 2007

Are YOU One of The Carters?


Fernando, age unknown (right). Piano girl who has never heard of The Carters (left).





















Are YOU one of The Carters?
Take this quiz:

1.)Where is your ideal vacation spot?
a.) A tropical island
b.) A lake
c.) A resort
d.) The Wildwood

2.) What is most dear to your childhood?
a.) A bunch of old toys and crap
b.) The old park
c.) Your house
d.) The little brown church in the dale

3.) Where do you live?
a.) The U.S.
b.) Novosibirsk
c.) Mars
d.) My Clinch Mountain home

4.) What kind of disorder do you have?
a.) OCD
b.) Acid Reflux
c.) Restless Legs Syndrome
d.) One of a 'nervous nature'

5.) What is your last name?
a.) Smith
b.) Davis
c.) Carson
d.) Carter

6.) Which movie has the most relevance to you?
a.) 8 Mile
b.) The Day The World Ended
c.) Barney's Big Adventure
d.) Walk The Line

7.) What's your favorite flower?
a.) Daisies
b.) Roses
c.) Lilies
d.) Wildwood Flowers

8.) What is your favorite type of eggs?
a.) Scrambled
b.) Hard-boiled
c.) Over-easy
d.) Sunny Side Up

9.) Would you rather...
a.) Wax your legs
b.) Climb a tree
c.) Watch the tele
d.) Sing and play various instruments with several other of your immeadiate family members

10.) What is your favorite mythical creature?
a.) Lochness Monster
b.) La Chupacobra
c.) Pikachu
d.) Ole Slewfoot

Okay... if you answered mostly d's you are probably one of the Carters.

Wildwood Flower
Can The Circle Be Unbroken
East Virginia Blues
My Clinch Mountain Home
Wabash Cannonball
Keep On The Sunny Side
Church In The Wildwood
Juke Box Blues
Foggy Mountain Top
Anchored In Love
Ring of Fire

Okay... which member of the Carter Family is credited with writing which song?

a.) A.P.
b.) June
c.) Maybelle, Helen Anita
d.) Sarah
e.) Other

If you can answer all of these... you really need some help. Maybe even more than me because not even I can answer some of them.

We asked people on the streets which Carter they were most like.

Fernando said...
"A.P. I am very musical in nature but more importantly my mother was struck by lightening during her pregnancy with me. Go figure. Although, I am much more normal than him. See? See my normalness?"

A unknown girl said...
"I have never heard of the Carter Family. In fact I have never made any plans to visit the Carter Family Fold located in scenic Hiltons, VA."

Google says.... 517,000 matches found for your query.

Alright 517,000 matches.
That's just people looking in right?
Okay now multiply that time the number of results for "Johnny Cash"
Okay that's like a bizillion.
Okay now that is a lot of people that are related to Johnny Cash or The Carters.

Now Google Nicole...
WOW! That's like a buttrillion.
She's a doctor, a lawyer, an actress, a teacher, a volleyball player and several dead people.
She MUST be one of THEM.

JUST KIDDING.
See you in Jackson.
Bye.

1 comment:

RINGOFFIRE said...

hey this is joe! you left me some comments on my blog about a year ago. Just wanted to get back with you. I see you are a big Carter fan too! Awesome! Yes, I do play the autoharp. I play the Wildwood Flower best, June Carter's Wings of Angels, and a bunch more that I cant think of right now! Get back to me soon!
-JM